Saturday, October 10, 2015

A few photos

Ordinarily I take photos of the things I see around me.  They aren't especially amazing just things that catch my eye.  When we were in California I took only a handful of photos because it seemed like a time to be 'in the moment' rather than recording it.  We were within walking distance of Venice Beach.  It wasn't crowded but parking would be a huge problem if you drove there.  It's not a small beach!
Not very crowded either!  There is a pier here that is pretty laid back.  I understand the Santa Monica pier is completely different with shops and all.  Here there were walkers and people fishing.  But it's a LONG pier!
I've seen quite a few photos of the blood moon.  Living in the desert I thought this would be a piece of cake.  Well, maybe not!  The mountains in the east kept the moon hidden until it was quite high so the red color didn't really come through.  Then there was a cloud layer!  Oh well!
My wife and I like to walk around our neighborhood in the early morning.  In summer that means before sunrise.  Now that it is a bit more temperate we are still getting out by 07:00.  We had some rain recently and that means snow on the mountain.  It probably won't last but on October 7 we saw this for the first time since last spring.
The rain is also a signal for the desert to come to life for a few days.  We pass this saguaro when we walk.  This display lasted one day.  The blooms are still there but the color is completely gone.
We don't get things that dramatic often but we do enjoy just looking at the clouds.
Even some man-made formations.
All those folks zooming past/over us travelling to and from California and other points East and West.  I like the quiet, the cool morning air and the familiar path.  Thanks for stopping by!






No comments: