Saturday, January 09, 2021

I guess I'm in shock

 Actually, aren't we all in shock about the attack on our Congress?  I mean, really, I've always considered them o be a bunch of self-serving idiots but that doesn't really make a physical attack acceptable!  Term limits would be great!  An IQ test might even be a good idea (though there are plenty of smart ass**les around).  Anyway, I'm certainly glad that some of those rioters are being identified and arrested.  And cheers to the companies who are firing employees that took part in that travesty.

I haven't really heard from friends/relatives who support the outgoing President (boy, doesn't that sound great!) but thinking that invading the halls of Congress is a good idea is just way too far on the other side of reality. The people who are pointing out that law enforcement responded rather differently to this than they did to Black Lives Matter protests are absolutely right. The DC mayor had called out the National Guard but where were they? Were they all clustered around the White House to protect the President from his own supporters? I doubt if anything much will come of the different response but it is definitely there.

The part of this whole thing that is the most fun is that the Pres is actually in trouble because he basically incited a riot. LOL Actually, I don't think he should be called to account for that; I"m sure he's done much worse things that he could be prosecuted for doing. Charging him for this is simply something that his supporters could call politically motivated. Why let them continue to support him when he could easily be jailed for income tax evasion or some other non-political crime? Heck, how about cheating at golf? That would work for me.

I did read that the Secret Service was around in Scotland near a golf course owned by Mr. T and that there was some thought that he might be there on Inauguration Day. He has said that he won't attend the ceremony. First Pres to do that since 1869 or something like that. It just shows his concern for the office and the country. Ass**le!

Thanks for listening to my rant.  I hope to be back talking about nothing much before long.  I hope you have a good day and a great 2021! Keep washing those hands and wearing those masks.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I don't think you'll ever see the Donald leave the US again. Fear of assassination and also an outstanding warrant from Interpol will keep him at home. I'd like to see him arrested and jailed 1 second after Biden is sworn in.