Sunday, July 17, 2022

Dull, dull, dull!

Well, the usual stuff is going on around town.  Fires, drunks, wife beatings; you know the kind of All American fun that goes on all over the country.  But otherwise, it is 80F (27C) when I get up at 06:00 and somewhere around 110F (43C) by mid-afternoon.  Frankly it slows me down quite a lot.  My wife and I like to take a walk in the morning but not when it's that warm!  We did get a few walks in a week or so ago.  It is good exercise for us old folks and it is getting Gus used to the word 'Heel'.  He doesn't know what it means and wouldn't give a darn if he did BUT the leash does keep him between us and moving on.  He is one of the most hard-headed animals in creation!  

Read an excellent post over at Sightings Over Sixty.  It is a very good blog but this week the writer talked about 'facts'.  And how they are sometimes just a bit off.  In our current political climate where there is so much miss-information it is nice to read about how some things are being miss-represented.

I have ordered various financial advisory news letters over the years so I'm on the mailing list for many, many others.  I got one the other day that started with a list they called "The Great Reset".  They expect: The END of financial and personal privacy.  The END of freedom of thought.  The END of capitalism as we know it.  The END of law and order.  The END of parental control over our own children.  The END of the freedom and justice for all that makes America mankind's last, BEST hope.

I mean, really?  I'm supposed to take financial advice from someone who sees that as our future?  Jeez!  Oh, the capitalization in that previous paragraph was all theirs.  Why don't I take financial advice from some homeless drunk in the street?  Of course in the next page we are advised that "When the Democrats are thrown out of power, it opens the door for us ordinary folks to grow 5 TIMES richer fast".  I mean I'm not President Biden's biggest supporter but I'm pretty sure that his leadership isn't as toxic or even as effective as they are making out.  

Enough of the sunny side of life.  Thanks for stopping by.  Keep washing those hands!

No comments: