Saturday, November 04, 2023

Quiet times!

I haven't blogged recently because our lives are just DULL!  Well, not exactly,but close enough.  My wife is still going to physical therapy for her ankle and I'm going to physical therapy for my hip.  We are both improving but it's still a long way from 'normal'.  My wife walks with about a 10 inch step so that's pretty slow BUT she can walk around the grocery store with me which is a big improvement.  

I wrote a blog post the other day that was a rant about the world in general but didn't post it.  Living out here in Trump country just bothers me.  He is such a jerk.  And, of course, having two wars going on filling the news with a bombing here or an attack there isn't the way I'd like the world to be going.  Not to mention all the stuff about climate change and how little is being done about it!  But I won't bore you with that crap.  

The heat of the summer is finally leaving us; it is right around freezing every night and mid-70's (23C) during the day.  That is really nice.  We can even go out to lunch again leaving the dog in the car.  His need to be with us is really a pain in the.....  He just goes nuts if we leave him at home alone.  He seems fine being left in the car though.  We come back and he's just lying there dozing away.  

I drove past one of our county buildings the other day and got this photo of some local ducks.


You will note that they have nice green grass and plenty of water in their little lake.  Things like that make me wonder if the county officials even know we are in the desert.  Idiots!  It is pretty though.

So, things are pretty quiet.  About 90% of our mail is from some organization looking for donations.  Of course we made donations totalling something like $3,000 last year not including the trailer we gave to the American Legion so I guess they think we'll do the same this year.  And I'm sure we will.  Another 9% is from financial advisor newsletters, etc. thinking we should be getting advice from them.  That leaves 1% that are bills.  I don't remember the last actual letter we received from a friend or relative.  I suppose the same is true for everyone.  It just isn't something you talk about.

I'm out of news so I'll be signing off.  Thanks for stopping by.  Keep washing those hands!

No comments: