Thursday, December 07, 2023

Travels - back in the day!

 Well, it looks like I've been gone for a couple of weeks.  Jeez, I hate it when I don't have anything to say!  But, well maybe, that's a good thing.  Anyway I don't have any more broken bones to talk about!  It's been quiet out here in the desert.  Just below freezing in the night and almost warm by mid-day.  Orion started showing up in the dark sky about a month ago and it's always nice to see that constellation.  We went and got shots for the new version of COVID; who knows if they work but it's worth a try.  And, of course, we are decorating for Xmas.  It's fun lighting up the place.  Lots of memories there too! 

I've been reading a few blogs where the people are visiting other countries.  I'm refering specifically to the blogs Key West DiaryThe Chouters and Kevin and Ruth.  Of course there are many others but those three have been filling lots of my time lately.  They remind me that we've been here and there as well.  

How about this?  The required before dinner photo on the SS Norway; previously the SS France.  Yes, they made you stand there and pose.


I don't know why but I'd been a fan of the SS France for a long time.  So when it was renamed the SS Norway; well, I still loved the ship.  I think it was going to be retired so I talked my wife into a cruise.  It was just Florida to a couple of the Caribbean islands but it was enough.  We had this cabin that was WAY up in the bow and when they dropped the anchor we sure knew it!  That was 1997 - a quarter of a century ago!

Of course when we lived in the Netherlands we got to travel about quite a bit.  Being an old Army guy I had to take photos of some of the local WWII memories.  This one was in Belgium.

Of course in the Netherlands they do like their bicycles.  


Looking at those blogs and my old photos does make me want to travel more!  We have a cruise planned but it's not a big deal.  LA to Hawaii will be lots of ocean time and no foreign ports.  Still, it will be cruising on the ocean and we do love that.  It's even better if you can't hear the anchor being let out!  LOL  

I'm going to post a few more memories but for now I'm sticking to the 1990's.  Take care and keep washing those hands!


No comments: