Sunday, April 28, 2024

Just a couple of photos

We live in the Mohave Desert.  You know that means not a lot of rain; it's not like Seattle for example. But sometimes we get, yeah, a little rain.  On Friday it rained here for an hour or so.  We don't have gutters and downspouts; after all we get 3-4 inches a year.  But Friday was special.  We got 1/3rd of an inch!  This is where a west facing roof and a north facing roof are joined and the water comes tumbling down.


 And, yes, it does get blown onto the window through which I am filming it!  It's only 5 or 6 feet but that was quite a gust.  

And then there was last night.  I take Gus, the dog, outside for a last look around about 21:00 (9 pm to you civilians).  The eastern sky is pretty much overwhelmed by the lights from Vegas over on the other side of the mountains.  The western sky is a LOT darker and we can see some good stuff.  We had stars in the west that night so I had to try and take a photo of Orion's Belt.  I think it came out ok; especially coming from a cell phone camera!


That's all the news from around here.  I can not imagine how people blog every day.  It is just totally beyond me but then again I'm not inflicting my boring life on others so that's good!  Take care and keep washing those hands!


No comments: