Monday, November 05, 2007

More Halloween and...

More news about our Halloween. We don't get a lot of kids in our neighborhood. For one thing we are on a busy street & unless supervised I doubt if people want their kids walking around here. At any rate, the adults from several houses all got together in our driveway and created a little food line for the kids. We all had a glass of wine or a beer and had a great time. The kids would come up & get 4 houses at one stop. We could all admire the outfits, etc. and got to talk about other stuff where there were no kids. It was really fun. I'm hoping we can make it an annual event.

Florida is finally becoming livable. Today it's mid-70's (23 or 24 I suppose to the rest of the world) and the humidity is down to under 40%. It's great. We have the house open finally.

Here's a meme I found over on Lee's blog "A Curates Egg" aka http://coddledegg.blogspot.com/ He didn't send it to my; he's much too respectful of other people's time but I like doing them ocassionally. Sometimes they help me think about things. Take care!

++++++++++++++++

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
Watched MXC - a crazy Japanese show where people try a sort of obstacle course and a often get dunked in water. In this country, they do a voice-over with 2 American guys who are really rude sometimes.

2. What were you doing at 0800?
Sleeping

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Showering.

4. What happened to you in 2006?
My mother-in-law died. We cleaned up and sold the duplex we bought for her 23 years ago - becoming liable for a huge tax bill. Trip to the midwest to a family reunion with my cousins, many of whom I had never met. Moved away from waterbeds for the first time in many, many years.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
“Thank you.”

6. How many beverages did you have today?
Coffee, decaf, water, orange juice, soup (does that count?).

7. What colour is your hairbrush?
Don't have one. Don't need it, bald is beautiful! LOL

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Beef to make chili yesterday.

9.Where were you last night?
Home.

10. What colour is your front door?
Dark gray.

11. Where do you keep your change?
Top of the dresser.

12. What’s the weather like today?
Sunny, cooler (mid-70's F or maybe 23 C).

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavour?
Some chocolate-coffee mix.

14. What excites you?
I'm easily excited - liars, stupid people, almost anything political, the economy, the dollar - I could keep on for a long while. Erotically excited? I'm dull - boobs, legs, hair; the usual guy stuff.

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
No. Don't want anyone else to either.

16. Are you over the age of 25?
Way! I'm 59.

17. Do you talk a lot?
No.

18. Do you watch the O.C.?
I have no idea what the O.C. is.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Yes but no one I CALL Steven.

20. Do you make up your own words?
Can't spell for s*it but otherwise, no.

21. Are you a jealous person?
I can be but you've gotta be pushing my buttons.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Don't have one.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
Kelly.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
Wife

25. What does the last text message you received say?
Don't text message.

26. Do you chew on your straw?
No. Don’t use straws and don't have a farm.

7. Do you have curly hair?
Some places.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
No idea. It's under discussion. Perhaps the Intracoastal Waterway; perhaps Texas, Nevada & the west in general.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Our daughter.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
Soup - see above.

31. Will you get married in the future?
Well, my wife would be really surprised! If she were to die, probably not.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
Don't know that I've seen one. Saw parts of "How to Marry a Millionaire" on tv the other day.

33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Yes. (Of course, but no extra-marital entanglements if that is what you mean.)

34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Yesterday.

35. Are you currently depressed?
No.

36. Did you cry today?
No.

37. Why did you answer and post this?
I'm a Nitwit!

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey…
No.

2 comments:

Lee said...

There you go! I don't have to ask people to do them, these meme-viruses are self replicating!

Mark said...

That does sound like fun. For the kids and adults.

Halloween has never really taken off in Australia. There's usually a handful of kids who give trick-or-treating a go, but I expect it must be quite disheartening for them; I don't think that many people would have any treats ready for them, we certainly don't at our house.