Friday, April 27, 2012

Am I here?

Today I got an interesting email from Google-Blogger.  They are under the impression that I haven't accessed my account since 2007.  Hmmm.  Here is what they say:  "You are receiving this message because your email address is associated with an unmigrated legacy Blogger account. As we announced in April of last year, legacy accounts will no longer be accessible after May 30th, 2012 unless they are updated to the Google Account system. Any blog content associated with this account will also be unmodifiable after that date." 

So I haven't any idea what is actually going to happen here.  I'm playing with the addresses they offer for correcting the problem but am not really getting anywhere.  Actually, it might be a good idea to dump this blog entirely and create a new one whose name isn't 'tampabaystuff' - after all, it's 2,334 miles (3,756 km) away from here!  If I disappear, I'll be looking for something like 'nyecountydiary' for my new blog.  Just a warning!

We've had a lot of wind and cloud activity lately so I took the opportunity to make a run into Las Vegas.  Spent my usual $$$ in the liquor store then looked all over for semolina flour.  Jeez!  It took a visit to Whole Foods to find the darned stuff.  My wife has a pasta roller accessory for her Kitchen Aid and tried making pasta from ordinary flour.  It was really very nice but she wanted to up the ante to semolina.  Well, six or eight supermarkets later, I found a small packet of the stuff.  I probably spent more on gas going from store to store looking for it than I did for the actual product!  Anyway, I'll be able to report on the resultant pasta one of these days. 

I also took the opportunity to check out some of the stores we don't have; places like Best Buy (electronics) and Target (general merchandise).  It's funny but as I grow older I seem more resistant to the siren call of buying 'stuff'.  Well, we can hope anyway!  Bottom line is that I wandered through all those wonderful electronic gadgets and all and managed to spend nothing at all.  Cool! 

Today we have a return to calm and sunny weather so I'm going to spend some quality time working on the benches for our new seating area.  I've got one finished; two to go.  I'll post a photo when I get them done and installed.  Getting away from the computer is a good thing!  Have a good one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don,
Also got one of those emails. Not sure why. Wasn't a Blogger in 2007. Didn't even have a gmail email address. Using the latest Blogger software. With all the knowledge in Google's data base, they sure know who is using what and how long.

Backed up my blog. Just in case. And will continue to do so every couple of days until the deadline is passed.

Croft said...

Well, I DIDN'T get an email and I do have an old, unused Blog. I didn't like the name of it and after a few months, I transferred all the entries to my new one. It has just been sitting there since and aside from a few people landing on it once in a while, it gets no activity.

I am sure your problem is a result of Google's efforts to combine all our various accounts into one. That was when they changed their "Privacy Policy" onto the present "No Privacy Policy".