Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Jeez, 3 weeks later.....

Honestly I've been not blogging because I care for my readers.  It is that dull around here!  Well, unless you count dental appointments.  I went to the dentist back in April and she said, 'Gee, you need a root canal'.  I'm not going to detail all that follows but I still haven't had my regular dentist do anything.  I'm scheduled to see her on Thursday so we'll see if she can earn a buck or two then.

We are into the 110F (43C) time of the year.  It's kind of a pain but what can you do?  I'm sure happy about air conditioning though.  We take our morning walk as soon as the sun comes up which is about 06:00 these days.  It is mid-70's then (24C) which is do-able but even then you can feel the sun on your shirt.  Earlier in the year we were able to open the windows at night and get some fresh air but that's 'out the window' for a while anyway.

Since we are home we immediately start discussing our next trip.  Unfortunately, we aren't coming up with any good plans and can't until the whole dental thing gets finished.  Right now a short trip up to southern Utah sounds like the best option.  We could visit Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and the north rim of the Grand Canyon without much sweat.  It was 1983 the last time we visited Bryce and Zion so the memories aren't that bright. 

I keep hoping that President Trump will suddenly turn into a thinking grown-up but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I don't sincerely believe that he has terribly close ties with Russia but what with all the other crap that keeps coming up; it just smells bad.  Another problem that is pretty much being ignored is the President's private companies.  I can see the odd billion or two being spent with his companies without anyone even noticing.  Of course the Congress is so screwed up that they probably won't notice. 

Do you get the impression I'm a little down?  Yeah, I guess so.  I'll try to get back on track one of these days.  Thanks for stopping by.  Take care.

No comments: