Saturday, January 28, 2006

Meme - and more

I'm taking on Cinn's challenge. I kind of like the idea of a marriage contract that runs for a limited period of time. Just because you've been together for a while, you shouldn't assume it will last forever.

The rules of this particular Meme are that you have to list 8 traits about your perfect partner, and have to tell if they are male or female.

a - preferred partner is female

1. loves self - you can't love others if .....
2. loves me - duh
3. independent - I can do almost anything in the house or out - expect the same from my partner
4. attractive and sexual- duh - better think I'm ok in these departments too!
5. trusting - I will believe in you until you prove me wrong; I expect the same. However, once trust is broken, good bye!
6. reliable - NO, 30 minutes late is not acceptable - NO, spending $5K on furniture (without discussion) ...
7. no games - together we can do anything; games will keep us from being effective.
8. optimistic - Thanks, Cinn. My MIL, who just passed away, was "an unhappy person". It was catching; her daughter caught it. Very, very sad! However when we are away from the family stuff, she becomes more optimistic. Love it! So we have to go away ;) ....

BTW, my wife is a 95%er here. She had 100% going up to number 8 and if we are off traveling she gets a 100. Lucky me!

Prepared meat for jerky today. I buy the cheapest round or London broil or whatever that I can find; so long as there is almost no fat. Originally jerky was made from wild meat, like venison. It is naturally very lean. The fat will spoil and taint the jerky. I'm trying to find a beef cut that is almost that lean. I cut it thin (1/16th inch or less) and marinate overnight. The marinade came off the net then got modified to suit my 'customers'. Now it is: 1/4 cp soy sauce, 1/2 cp worchestershire, 2 T red pepper flakes, 1 t onion powder, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1 t liquid smoke. Marinate overnight in a freezer bag with all the air pressed out. If I can I like to massage the mass a couple of times to redistribute the marinade/meat mixture. Tomorrow I'll put it on the dehydrator for 5 to 7 hours. (Dehydrator being a cheap $40 version with really NASTY broken plastic trays!)

Dinner tonight was steak, potato, corn. BBQ steak with special soy-worchestershire-garlic marinade; nuke a baker (dull and not very good but quick); warm canned corn spiked with pepper & a little butter. Pretty dull stuff but easy.

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Very cool list - and OMG YES! Promptness! That was something about my ex and his whole family that drove me insane.

Glad your wife is so close to the ideal, you guys sound like you are a great match together. And anyone who moves up a notch when they travel? Definitely a keeper.

Cinnamon said...

Sorry to do it, but I tagged you again - blame Digger, it's all his fault.