Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Being a child of a Christian household, even if I don't believe, I'd like to wish each and every person in the world a Happy New Year.  It's the way we count solar rotations, so get over it!!!!!

Actually, this is my second favorite holiday of the year; Thanksgiving being the favorite.  Thinking about it; they should be co-favorites:  Thanksgiving is just about realizing how lucky we've been and the New Year is a combination of "we made it this year" and "gee, I hope we can make it next year".

Think about what the first people who celebrated Thanksgiving were faced with; and the first persons who celebrated a 'new year'.  Both celebrations are about  a successful result over whatever period.  The New Year is looking forward; new hopes, new dreams, new days.

Happy New Year to you all.  I hope 2010 turns into a wonderful year for the entire world!

No comments: