Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain???

Yep, it's raining in Pahrump.  We are much too small to get careful attention from the weather officials but in Las Vegas they are saying that parts of the valley will get as much as .25 inches today - what, half a centimeter?  Guess I'm not looking forward to the rest of the week either - more of the same is forecast.  Cloudy days for not much rain.  Here's what The Weather Channel says for my zip code today:

Monday Jan 18
Rain/Wind
Rain/Wind, 90% chance of precipitation. Winds 19mph from SE. Humidity 60% Sunrise: 6:53 AM
51 °F
Rain/Wind
Rain/Wind, 70% chance of precipitation. Winds 21mph from S. Humidity 80% Sunset: 4:56 PM
35 °F




My wife has become addicted to the Wii.  Have you tried one?  It's an interesting way to get people to exercise.  There are lots of different things you can do on it:  yoga stances; games like bowling and tennis; aerobic and strength training exercises. I've done a little of it but I can't get by the fact that I'm playing with a video game.  Somehow that makes the whole experience less satisfying.  But if it gets her into exercise I'm all for it. 

We bought a surround sound system for the tv as and Xmas present to us both.  We got it installed ok but had to recess the speakers into the ceiling - didn't want them hanging down like I don't know what.  Anyway, my job for this week is to cut the molding to go around the speakers.  Not a big job for someone who knows what he or she is doing but for me...  I've already used 8 feet (2.4m) of molding to go around a rectangular speaker that is just over 3 feet (1m) in diameter.  Do you get the idea there is a little wastage?  Only three more speakers to finish!  But I enjoy doing stuff like this so that's my excuse.  One year I spent all my spare time, when I didn't have very much, rebuilding the fence in our back yard.  My wife was pissed but I was having fun.  She forgave me, finally, because the fence really did look super AND I finally got some time off and we spent three weeks in England. 

Have a good one!


Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage witout ferocity, and all the virtues of Man, without his vices.  This praise, which would be unmeaning flattery if inscribed over human sahes, is but a just tribute to the memory of Boatswain, a dog.  (Inscription on the monument of a Newfoundland dog (1808).)  Lord Byron

No comments: