Thursday, February 09, 2012

Oh NO!!!

This isn't a day I'm going to remember with pride.  Have you seen those cartoons about older people wandering around looking for their glasses while the glasses are on their head?  Well, I just spent about 10 minutes wandering around the house looking on all the shelves, tables and such for my glasses.  Then I put my hand in my pocket and found, yep, my glasses.  Grrrr!  I'm officially an old duffer!

Had a good day yesterday though.  Went in to Vegas and visited the three hot tub dealers that we liked best.  I'm hoping it wasn't just being tired but we bought a tub from the last one we visited.  We got caught up in a traffic jam on the way and I was on the verge of saying 'why not just skip them' but I didn't say it and we ended up finding the most comfortable tub we'd seen.  We had a hot tub attached to our pool when we lived in Orlando and we bought a portable hot tub when we lived in Seattle that we kept for over ten years so we have definite preferences.  We want 'open seating' meaning that there isn't a lounge seat and the other seats are not too defined.  We don't care about a music system or lights or anything else; we just want a big tub of warm water!  Hell, even the jets are pretty optional.  We finally found something like our ideal and didn't waste much time divesting ourselves of about $6K.  Even at that we were doing well, some of the tubs we looked at were in the $10K neighborhood.  For me as a buyer, six is a lot better than ten. So now we have to get it delivered, hooked up, warmed up and we'll be good to go.  We are both really excited about the idea. 

MAYBE there will be photos but I'm not sure.  When we are alone the hot tub or pool has always been a clothing free zone so most of the photos I've got of our previous tubs aren't appropriate for this blog.  I'm expecting the same of this one (optimistically) however our daughter has already claimed a seat in it so I guess we'll have to find those bathing suits after all.  Darn it!

I'm planning on putting a bunch of our old slides through the new scanner today.  Here's a blast from the past - Don circa 1982 on the beach at Daytona and loving life.

I'd never been to Florida, was in love with the idea of Daytona, in love with my 'girlfriend' and just happy to be alive.  Still like Florida and Daytona, have been married to my 'girlfriend' for almost 30 years and am still pretty happy to be above ground.  Sounds like 'happily ever after' to me; guess having trouble finding my glasses isn't so bad after all.  Hope you are feeling as well.

1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

6k - that still seems like a lot of money.