Sunday, April 28, 2013

Water Works Wonders!

We planted a couple cacti in the yard about a year ago.  They weren't dying but weren't doing much living until recently.  We visited a place called Cactus Jack's over by Las Vegas.  You can guess their speciality.  The woman offered us some advice about how much to water our cactus.  Hmmm, they are lots happier now!  We may have to go buy some more now.





The other day we were out sitting on the back patio enjoying some nice weather.  Had a little friend visit.
I've got to say I'm pretty happy about our Canon SX210 IS cameras.  They were fairly inexpensive ($250), they have 14x optical zoom and are image stabilized.  The hummer was about 30 feet away; not bad for a point and shoot!  The only think I really dislike is that there is no viewfinder.  Seeing that screen is difficult enough for old fogies like myself but in the sun it is almost impossible.  Grrr! 

I've been trying to clean up my desk for days.  Why do I hate doing this?  A place for everything and everything is it's place means absolutely nothing to me.  I sure couldn't live in a van!  I can manage it in our trailer but nothing smaller.  I like reading about van living but I'd be lost in no time. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good one.



1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

Hummingbird! Nice shot.