Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Just weirdness....

My wife and I aren't political.  We've joined both the Democratic and the Republican parties when we lived in areas where one party was dominant.  Here, for example, you will have 3 or 4 Republican candidates for a position and either 0 or 1 Democrat.  If you want to help chose a candidate you feel will support things you personally prefer you'd better be a Republican.

For example, we both strongly feel that a woman's body is her own and her decision to have an abortion should be hers.  If she is married or in a long term relationship of course she should take the father's opinion into account but in the end it is her body.  My wife donated to a couple what you might call feminist causes last year and that is about the only reason we can imagine for a piece of mail we received today.

The front of the card shows some happy Democrats (President Biden was way over on the right and I didn't bother to include him.

 

So when you turn the card over you learn the supposed reason.


Apparently the folks sending the card think that if Mr. Trump is the candidate the Democrats will win control of the government.  You can't read it on the photos but the card was sent out by Americans for Prosperity Action - www.afpaction.com.  I don't have a clue if any of the things they claim are true and I certainly can't even guess who the Republican nominee will be.  But I must say I did enjoy the wild claims!  (And I can't help wondering if Mr. DeSantis is associated with the card.)

I have to admit that I don't like the idea of re-electing an 84 year old President but I don't care for any of the alternative candidates either.  I like my President to be in the 50's or 60's; moderate in politics and not entirely oblivious to the dangers of war.  I would have thought that finding such people wouldn't be difficult but clearly I'm wrong.  Anyway, that's our exciting mail for the day!

Otherwise we are having a quiet day.  My wife trying to mend and I am trying to help her.  We have another doctor's appointment a week from tomorrow so we'll see then.  No one is expecting her to walk on her 'boot' then but it would be great to have all the wounds finally closed!

Thanks for stopping by.  Keep washing those hands!

No comments: