Sunday, July 09, 2023

Talk about fun and games!

My wife's ankle has now been broken for 40 days.  That is a long time to be confined to a recliner and a wheelchair and it is getting pretty tough on her.  She is doing everything she can to remain positive but pain every day when you are just sitting in a recliner has to be tough on anyone.  We have another 10 days before we see her surgeon again; that will be 6 weeks from the operation and we are hoping that she will be ok'd for more regular life.  She still has 2 open sores from the operation so they need care at least once a day.

I am learning about all the things she does on a regular basis from preping meals to cutting flowers for the table.  AND I'm getting to learn to do some of those things myself.  That's where the 'fun and games' come in.  I've always done a certain amount of the cooking but 100% is a different experience.  And I've always bought the flowers but never had to cut them.  Grrr!  That is a pain in the ass!

The funniest thing is that our dog just doesn't know what's happened.  My wife is his favorite person but now all she is doing is touching him a few times a day with her fingertips.  No treats, no fondling, no feeding, no throwing his toys for him to chase:  he just doesn't understand.  He just curls up on his place and sulks.


Gotta go.  Take care & keep washing those hands!

No comments: