Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hmmm

Not a lot of time today.  We are off to Las Vegas to 1) get a pedi and 2) stock up on booze for our trip.  Well, as you might have guessed; reason 1 is my wife's and reason 2 is mine.  LOL  Sorry but I'm just too old school to have a pedicure.  When I've got dementia and don't remember where my toes are; ok, but not until. 

Had a fun experience last night.  I was out at the Weber bbq cooking some chicken.  It's just a normal gas version and the temp gauge was showing about 400 degrees.  I've checked it with another thermometer and it's reasonably close to correct.  I had my instant read thermometer sitting on the side board ready to check the chicken.  Then I noticed that it was reading 120F (49C) just sitting there!  It was about 104F (40C) ambient so it was getting a little heat from the grill but really not that much.  I got a kick out of it though. Doesn't take much to tickle me does it? 

Stay warm!

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."  Harry Truman

No comments: