Monday, January 30, 2012

A different rut

A while ago I was writing every day about food.  Don't know why, maybe I was just hungry.  Anyway, now I'm on birds.  Here's a new visitor for today.
We think this guy is a burrowing owl.  I apologize for the photo, he was quite a ways away and my camera, while amazing, is only a $200 point & shoot!  We've seen these owls in the neighborhood before but one has never visited us.  It's tough to tell from the photo but he is standing on the edge of our driveway about 3 feet from the road.  I came home from the store and he just stood there watching me drive in.  Wow, either brave or stupid or both! 

Tomorrow we have guys coming to do the framing for a new seating area out where we can see more mountains.  It should be fun.  I'm expecting them to pour the concrete on Wednesday.  We had the electric company out here this a.m. to identify where the electric line runs.  Pain in the you-know-what but hitting that line would be a bad thing!  There is going to be a fair amount of manual digging involved here.  Thank goodness I'm not doing it.  I'll try to remember to take photos but I'm not all that good at it. 

Have a good one.


No comments: