Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can it be Thursday?

Jeez, time flies when you are having fun. No idea why I haven't posted anything since last weekend. It's been a doing things around the house sort of week. Putting up shelves, fixing a desk, you know the kind of stuff. Had to unload all the stuff that I carry around in the truck. That's a trip!

A couple of years ago we were driving on this dead end road up a mountain and it occurred to me that if, say a tree fell on the road and we couldn't get down, we'd be pretty uncomfortable. I do like my comfort so started carrying some emergency supplies - just a blanket & a little food but it might look pretty good if you were hungry! Now that we live in the dry west, I've supplemented that with a couple of gallons of water. Then there is the box of stuff for the truck & trailer - a manual, a quart of oil, that kind of thing. There is my tool box. Can't cart everything around with me but it's got the basics. And that's just the start!

Getting into the cab was really fun. I even found things that I can't identify; now that's bad! Lots of dirt; I really don't like cleaning the vehicle. Of course there was a dead flashlight; my ownership seems to kill them. I finally got one of those you shake to create power; it's kind of lame but I haven't killed it yet. Two maps of Vegas, one of Nevada and a GPS. Do you get the idea we like knowing where we are going? There were a million other things too, or at least it seemed so. But it's done. I think I'm going to go emulate the cat.



Take it easy; it's dangerous out there!

1 comment:

Lawyer Mom said...

The last time I bought a new car, the dealership transferred all of my "stuff" to the new car. And I was totally mortified!

Enjoy your new truck!