Saturday, September 03, 2005

Oh Shit!

Well, just after I talk about my mom being stable; she de-stablizes.

Since last Wednesday she has had only 450 cc of fluid. Apparently she has forgotten how to swallow. The aide spoons some honey-thick-liquid (food substitute) into her mouth then has to take it out again in a minute or two. She doesn't swallow it at all. With liquids it is slightly easier: it just drips out of the side of her mouth if she doesn't swallow it first. At this rate, she cannot last more than 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm getting ready to call the few family members are still alive to let them know that there may be a funeral soon. Happy days!

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Don I am so sorry to hear about your mom. This is so hard to go through. I'll pray for you and your family. All the best.