Wednesday, July 06, 2022

It's been a week!

Boy, does time ever fly when you are having fun!  Of course my definition of fun might be a bit off for most people.  I've found a few cartoons/memes that spoke to me.  As in this reference to what all our Supreme Court is doing.


Of course with all the shootings these days stopping gun violence is important to everyone.


And one final thought on learning about being gay.

Of course the 4th of July came along right on time.  We've had about six days now with not a cloud in the sky.  It is only running about 100F (38C) but that's warm enough.  The wind has been running 10-15mph  (15-25kph) so I got to go out and unwrap the flag a few times.  In the evening we went out and sat in the front yard and watched the fireworks from a nice distance of not quite 3 miles (4.5km).


Then there are the important personal problems we old folks get to learn about.  I had a mole removed way back in February and afterwards was told that it was cancerous and I would need to have the remaining tiny cells removed by a procedure called a Mohs surgery.  The Mayo Clinic website says this:  "Mohs surgery is a precise surgical technique used to treat skin cancer. During Mohs surgery, thin layers of cancer-containing skin are progressively removed and examined until only cancer-free tissue remains."

I got to the dermatologist's office and it was packed!  This office is only open a couple days a week and the person who is usually here to treat you is an PA-C - a physician assistant.  Today they had a surgeon fly in from the Los Angeles area and he had plenty to do!  They tell you that it will take up to 4 hours for the procedure.  My appointment was for 08:30 and I got out at 12:13.  Close enough to 4 hours.  I was glad I'd brought a book!  The actual surgery wasn't particularly painful but there was quite a lot of blood.  In the end, I have something that is a bit painful still but better than cancer.

So that's all that's fit to print from this little corner of the world.  Thanks for stopping by.  Keep washing those hands!


No comments: