Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Emergency!

Got a call yesterday from a relative who has gotten the idea that wife and I know something about computers. Her new machine, that we set up a couple of weeks ago, has started smoking and shutting down! She called the help line and they are sending her a box to return the machine. We are going up to see about setting up the old computer again (which they were using as a standalone). It's mindless, I know, but it will keep us from thinking about closing on the duplex.

My wife has associated the duplex with her mother for so long that selling it has brought her mother's passing back to life (how's that for lousy writing!). Anyway, now we are just waiting for the closing day and this little adventure will get us another day closer. After the closing, we feel like our new lives will begin. We bought the duplex for her to live in before we were actually married. I took over my mother's affairs when she was diagnosed with dementia on our 12th anniversary. And this year is our 22nd anniversary. It's a long time to be responsible for two little old ladies. It hasn't stopped us from living but it has intruded from time to time and the weight has always been there. Now it's over and we'll just have to figure out how to be responsible for ourselves; or maybe irresponsible!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Lady Prism said...

heeey!...what a refreshing bloggy' you have here!...I love the way you write...made me feel like I was actually there watching you guys go through the day...

i read way down and saw you wrote something about what you cooked...loved that as well..

this bloggy is real'..yah!..

write on...I'll be back...

o' yah..thanks for stopping by mine...it gets kinda' mushy sometimes...