Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bah Humbug!

Our closing date on the duplex came and went without closing because somehow our realtor had convinced himself that it was the 31st - it's June 14 and always has been. Bah! My wife is busy writing them a letter telling them they are idiots. I don't give a damn. Got tired of being nervous & am ready to party. Unfortunately my wife is still stressed so it would be a one person party; not optimal! Champagne opening will be delayed until she joins me.

Today my kind of party will start with making bean soup using a ham bone that has been sitting around. As usual for us, the only thing I had to buy was the celery. Just can't make bean soup without it but seldom have it for any reason but soup. There is a decent chance that the kid will come up for a couple of hours. That usually leads to bbq'd chicken later in the day. It's easy; she likes it & it doesn't make much of a mess. Add a bag of salad, nuke a potato & you are good to go.

Enough high tech cookery. Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Lady Prism said...

now I'm huuungry!...I want some of that as well!