Monday, October 23, 2006

Why Live in Florida

Today has been one of the days that makes living in Florida seem reasonable. It was warm but not hot; and the humidity that is the curse of our weather was gone. After a late breakfast we sat out by the pool with a drink just enjoying the world. We even had a ham bone for the dog. There are things we need to do; things we planned to do today but they will be done another day and I am glad of it.

Tonight in the early evening I was outside reading when I heard a commotion; a man yelling. It turns out that some of our neighbors was having a "domestic disturbance". After a few minutes a police car arrived. Then the woman put some things into her car and drove off. The police left shortly thereafter. No one was injured; no one arrested but it was disturbing. Marital problems happen, of course. I guess it just reminded me of the fragility of our happiness.

Though I am not a believer, the Compline service says it very nicely:

The Lord Almighty grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end. Amen.

1 comment:

Helene said...

it was a great day... I remember because 10-23 was my birthday! lol

I am really enjoying the weather down here. Getting used to the people and differences from the northern mentality.

Thanks for coming by and commenting! Its been a while! =]