Saturday, September 21, 2013

It takes me a while....

I finally got up the guts to go into the registry and fix my id.  I can't tell you how much I dithered back and forth about doing it but finally made it.  One of the things I read about fixing the problem was that you ought to have more than one id with administrative priveliges on your machine.  Gee, that would have been nice to have known several years ago when I bought the darned thing!  Anyway, I'm back.  I'll be fooling around with photos from our travels now that I can access them again.  We did have a great trip but felt a little rushed.  Don't know how we managed that but we were.  Drove a bit over 3,300 miles (5,300 km) in about three weeks.  Tow miles were probably 2,400 (3,800 km) but I'm guessing there. 

The Ford dealer has been calling asking if we would like to trade in the truck.  It's an '08 but has only about 35,000 miles (56,000 km) and pretty much does what we ask of it.  We talked about it a while because we like bells and whistles and this truck doesn't have them but in the end decided we'd rather not have a truck payment.  As a trade-in it is probably worth about $25K but we'd end up owing at least $15K and who needs that?  Especially as our travels may be more about flying overseas than in the past. 

Here is a shot from Yellowstone showing the Gibbon River just  downstream from Gibbon Falls.  Note the haze from the fires farther west. 
I'll manage more photos later.  Have a good one!















2 comments:

Croft said...

My dad was a "trade it in every three years" guy and that is what I did for my first series of Volvo's ('61 to '74) which I replace every two or three years. I finally grew tired of car payments and from '81 (Toyota) I decided to keep my cars until they wore out. Our current fleet is an '89 Honda Accord, a '98 Mazda 626 and an '05 Ford/Tioga motorhome.

JoeinVegas said...

Yup, old and working is better than bells and whistles and payments.