Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Nice weather finally!

 We are finally out of triple digit territory (40C to most of the world) and I'm really glad!  It's been a long hot summer.  We had a few nasty days but the last few have been fine.  I opened the window a couple days ago and found a new neighbor;  a balloon!


Apparently I caught them before takeoff because a bit later they were up and away.

I finally managed to get physical therapy for my neck (which hasn't worked very well since my surgery).  Anyway I was coming home this morning and got to look at snow on the mountains!


That area between where I was and the actual mountains is called the alluvial fan.  It is dirt that has drifted down off the mountains way in the past.  Our town was started by farmers working the flat lands in the center of the basin and no one has ever built on the fan.  In cities that would be prime territory just for the views.  Now we have people living in their RVs out on the fan.  No electricity except for solar and they have to carry water back to their RV but it is free and they do have a pretty good view from up there. 

So, anyway, at the moment it's pretty nice around here.  Wait a couple days though and I'm sure I'll find something to whine about.  Take care & keep washing those hands.

No comments: