Saturday, October 30, 2021

Almost Halloween!

Wow, where is the time going?  There isn't much exciting to report.  I've been going to physical therapy to help me move my head.  My neck really can't move much since my surgery in July.  I still can't turn from side to side more than about 20 degrees.  It makes driving more interesting for sure.  When I first got out of the hospital I couldn't look down to see what I was eating; at least I've got that movement back!  We went into Las Vegas the other day to check in with the surgeon.  He said that the movement might not come back; that sure wasn't what I wanted to hear.  But we are going to try more physical therapy and hope for the best.

I've had some X-ray's taken for the surgeon.  Here is one of them.  The red line is around the screw that was put in July 28th to hold my C1 and C2 vertebra together.  The blue line is around a 'dog bone' installed in 2016 to repair "degenerative arthritic changes".  This getting old is just too much fun.

We've been having some pretty nice weather with highs in the upper 70's and lows around 40  (26C high and 4C low).  Most days have been nice and clear.  One morning the Air Force was clearly having some sort of fun.

That's way too much excitement for civilian aircraft!  

There was one day when the wind just started picking up dust.  This was taken from the car when we wanted to go up this street.  It was just nasty!  There is a mountain in the background of this photo but you sure can't see it when the dust is blowing like this.

Happily the dust storm didn't last long.  It sure wasn't a time to have your windows open.  

Then there was the afternoon when there was some mist in the air but not enough to keep the sunset from being pretty cool.

And when you turned the other way there was part of a rainbow!

That's all the news that's fit to print  Have a good one and keep being careful about that covid!


1 comment:

Croft said...

Good to see your vertebra repairs are working out and like my sister always said, "Getting old isn't for sissies"! Have fun on Halloween but don't stay up too late! LOL