Thursday, November 11, 2021

Happy Veteran's Day!

 November 11 is celebrated in the U.S. as Veteran's Day.  A day to celebrate the people who have served this country in military service.  When I was growing up it was also called Armistice Day to celebrate the end of World War I.  


At any rate, it is one of the few days that I choose to fly the flag.  Some folks have one flying all the time.  I think that's kind of over the top but if it makes them happy, ok.  You can bet that they aren't raising and lowering it every day with the sunrise and sunset.

My wife has told me hundred's of times that if it weren't for the mountains that surround our valley she couldn't stand living here.  I agree, if it were just a flat plain with nothing to see it would be a less interesting world.  (Sorry about the electric lines in the photo!)


Speaking of my wife; we did get our 3rd Moderna Covid shot early last week.  We both had sore arms and she had some swelling but nothing serious.  Then on last Tuesday I went for a flu shot.  I haven't had one in 10 or 12 years so we figured it was about time.  Can't let the old fart get sick if we can help it.  I've been told many times that I'm a lousy patient!

On that note, keep washing those hands and staying away from sick people!  Take care.


No comments: