Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quiet Day

This has definitely been a quiet day.  Spent much of it searching for foreign investments.  I'm convinced that investing outside the U.S. will be a mainstay of our future prosperity.  It probably will never get to be even 25% of our portfolio but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 20%.  Another thought is that many of our current investments are multinational corporations; for example, I've owned Merck (MRK) for years.  Even Paccar (PCAR) earns quite a lot of it's income from overseas.  Now if our corporate tax structure was such that they could bring some of those profits home....  Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming again.

We did manage our 40 minute walk in the desert.  I was kind of surprised because sometimes it takes the desert a while to dry out but it was just fine.  As always, our eyes stray to the mountains that surround the valley.  Do you wonder?
This was taken just as the morning light was washing down the mountain.  Two or three minutes later the entire mountain was lit.  Even rock can be beautiful.

After the rain from the other day we have more snow on the mountains east of here.  I'm thinking it is late in the year for snow but it works for us.  This may be a desert but we need SOME water!

Short post today.  Have a good one!

No comments: