Monday, May 16, 2011

Woof! It's been almost a week.

So much for that blogging every day thing.  It looks like every-other day is kind of out the window too.  Oh well!  I'll try to do better, honestly.

We've been wandering back and forth to Vegas quite a bit.  We went in on a shopping trip early last week; mostly just the usual stuff that we don't find here.  However on our last trip, my ophthalmologist suggested I might try wearing glasses for a while.  I didn't find anything I liked here at home so went into Vegas.  We found some at PearleVision.  They said it would take about a week, that was Tuesday.  Then on Thursday I got a call saying  my new glasses are ready!  Ok, guess it works for me; so we went back over the hump on Friday.  I got the glasses and managed to find a new router for our home system and a few other things.  Amazing how things just seem to fall off the shelf into one's cart, huh?

So now I have a new pair of glasses.  I thought you didn't have this joy once you'd had cataracts removed but I need something.  Unfortunately these glasses aren't the thing I need!  They do almost nothing for my sight so I'm headed over the hill a few more times over the next couple months before we get this straightened out.  The doctor did say this was the 'conservative' strategy so next step is getting some kind of laser treatment.  We'll see when I can squeeze that into my busy schedule!

The odd weather I've been commenting on is continuing.  One day we'll be near a record high; next day our high will be a low record (if you know what I mean).  We are getting quite a bit of wind as well.  Since I don't have to shovel it or put up sand bags to keep it out I guess it's all good.


I was looking for some new international investments and keep finding things that just don't do much for me.  I love reading Random Roger; he seems to have a different prospective from my own so his take on things is always interesting.  He's interested in not 'going down a lot' where I am more interested in a slow steady climb knowing that I'll be down at times.  I see the possibility that our investments will need to fund our lifestyle for another 30 years.  We can't afford to be too safe or inflation, even moderate inflation, will eat our lunch!  It's an interesting problem that I need to get at least somewhat right.


Is it just me or is the pace of change increasing?  It seems like every time something new comes on the scene, it becomes old sooner.  Five years ago GPS and iPods were all the rage.  Today your smart phone does both of those things.  And this laptop is clearly so last generation.  Personally I'm still happy with distinct units but am I just hiding my head in the sand?  I don't know.  Call me when the computer can be integrated with my brain directly without the use of my eyes and fingers.  Plug me in!


Gotta go.  Have a good one.

1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

Might be sooner than you think. I believe that is part of the Apple IPhone 7 specifications: a jack to connect to the back of your head directly.