Monday, October 17, 2011

500 Posts!!

It's amazing to me but I've managed 500 posts.  It's over several years, of course, and some are pretty pitiful but still, 500.  I'm amazed. 

I went to Las Vegas today.  Our truck needed an oil change and I prefer to use the dealer if they aren't too outrageous.  The nearest dealer is in the middle of town on Sahara St.  It's kind of a pain to get there but I either make the effort or take it to someone who may or may not know what they are doing.  I'm especially concerned because the engine in the truck has multiple turbo's; double fuel filters and all kinds of weird stuff.  Plus it was only used in the 2008 and 2009 model years so there aren't a lot around. 

Got the oil changed.  It's kind of sad walking around the neighborhood, it's deteriorating almost as you watch.  There had been other car dealers around but now it's just a couple of cheap looking used car lots.  Many of the businesses have stopped advertising in English and use Spanish.  Sorry but that's not really a good sign for the neighborhood.  So the car dealer is having a moving sale.  They are moving way across town so they will be probably 10 miles (16km) closer to me and they will be next door to a Chevy dealer so they will again be among peers.  Good deal!

I ate in an Applebee's, a chain that is trying to be hip, I think!  It was actually ok.  I had a Spicy Chicken Sandwich that was actually quite spicy.  Skipped the bun and just ate the chicken & cheese.  The fries that came with it were the most salty fries I've received in a LONG time.  I managed to keep it to 1 small Sam Adams though. 

Here's a photo of the road coming home from Vegas.  This is a divided 4 lane road; lots of traffic as you can see.
Gotta go.  Have a good one!

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

That road could be almost anywhere in Nevada (except I15)

Unknown said...

Vegas looks a lot like a waste land in may areas anymore. Maybe it is reverting to its natural state?